CEO Speaks, Sage Advice During Turbulent Times,

CEO Speaks, Sage Advice During Turbulent Times,
back cover

Friday, August 7, 2009

Technology and Intelliect

Geeks are smart people but some of the programming they do is an insult to anyone with solid intelligence. The example today is on-line prescriptions: I attempted to log in electronically and could not get passed the required...no hints given...needed information and I'm fairly computer literate! Then I called in to renew the prescription and the voice response unit repeated the same information two, three and four times. The entire process took about 20 minutes. As a business person I work 12 to 14 hours a day and a health care /provider corporation just wasted 20 minutes of my time. The other question I'm posing is why do companies assume we're idiots by treating us like we are? My hearing is not impaired, I listen, I have a degree in communication and I take offense to being treated like a child, idiot, whatever.

When it comes to programming the web site or the order processing voice response unit have a CEO or Vice President or Marketing guru, as a minimum requirement, go through the prompts when testing the effectiveness of time wasted. The one that really gets me is when the vendors do the programming and go through the entire menu of employee when a company receives an incoming call from a potential customer, client, vendor, etc. No one cares how many employees you have nor does anyone want to listen to the menu. Again, it's a waste of time. A suggestion would be to use your brain instead of leaving it up to a vendor's geek. Better yet is verify the equipments capability on the front end and dictate your desires on any programming before buying equipment! It matters what marketing image is for any one calling a company, big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment